Something Borrowed ...


Lauren and Donald's Boston Harbor Hotel wedding was breathtaking. The lush purple tones of the centerpieces were a perfect compliment to the black and white table runners, white silk table linens, and black chivari chairs the couple rented. We alternated tables with a single large square glass vase overflowering with masses of purple and green flowers, and a grouping of three vases of varying heights filled with calla lilies, lisianthus, hydrangea and hyacinth. The Wharf Room is lovely as it is, but dressed up with the deep rich colors- loved the black!!- it was spectacular.


I loved the small details that made this wedding personal and sentimental- tables named for locations special to the couple, a fun candy bar- all purple!!- and best of all.. Lauren asked me to sew some buttons from her mother's wedding dress onto the stem wrap of her bouquet to represent "something old". Awesome idea- I have to admit I wish I'd thought of that one for my own wedding.. and though since launching this career (post-wedding!) there are many, many occasions where I find myself saying that, in this case I really did pinch myself. What a lovely, lovely thing to do!!















Comments