Going Green...

Lately I've found myself drawn to more eco-friendly design and have been inspired in my work to use simple, earthy elements that naturally bring out the beauty of the flowers I'm working with. I adore using wooden boxes, tree bark, mason jars, old iron with a patina, twine, or anything else that looks like it's been lying around someone's garden shed for a while! Here is a collection of some of my recent favorite inpiration photos for garden themed weddings. And please note- eco friendly, green style weddings are not restricted to outdoor wedding settings! Even if your wedding is to be held in the most sophisticated of ballrooms, you can create nature inspired decor that makes sense in the space.

photo credit: style me pretty

I love this card table! What a great use of natural elements- and it was a DIY project. Check out thebridescafe.com for a "how to" and create your own!


Such a romantic arrangement- I can see this on a dinner table, or used as an accent piece during cocktails. I love the soft flowers combined with the rough hewn wood. photo credit: style me pretty




I love, love, love succulents! It's a trend I'm seeing more and more in wedding design and I couldn't be happier. Not only are these georgous- they'll last forever, and even those of us with the un-greenest of thumbs will be able to enjoy their beauty for months after the big day is over. The zinc table numbers add the perfect final touch (check out Anthropolgie to buy yours!)
photo credit: kellychris blog


A beautiful option for an outdoor/back yard wedding


photo credit above: Love Life Images, from The Bride's Cafe

I love how this ceremony setting feels home-spun and comfortable.

photo credit below: Andrea Marie Photography, from The Bride's Cafe
Rustic details enhance the feeling of intimacy.

photo credit above: style me pretty

Bringing the outside in: I think this is a good example of how to use a garden style floral decor in a more formal space- the combination of the dramatic height of the flowering branches helps fill the room and "dresses" up the simple style. it's not fussy, but still feels elegant and appropriate.

Comments