Oh I DO love yellow!

May Day always reminds me of my grandmother- it was her favorite day of the year and she always celebrated it with flowers and a special breakfast. The warm breeze and sunny day on THIS May Day made for an absolutely perfect spring wedding for Shutsu and Matt. And the yellow and green color scheme the couple chose was really beautiful. I am partial to yellow, I have to admit, but even so I was extra happy working with these flowers. There's something about springtime yellows that just makes me giddy!



bride's bouquet- tulips, roses, spray roses, orchids and dahlias

another shot of the bride's bouquet

bridesmaids' bouquets- tulips, spray roses and bear grass


ceremony flowers


we used more spray roses and yellow roses to dress up the pews, and the alter flowers were comprised of hydrangea, peonies, tulips, spray roses and roses. The church looked lovely!

Comments

  1. Tracy ( Alicia's Mom) says: Absolutely gorgeous, Suzanne. I just had my first class in becoming a floral designer yesterday; I loved it. We are starting on weddings now, which is great because my daughters reception is in august and she wants me to do the floral arrangements with hydrangeas...white and green, and orchids...white and green. Very simple yet elegant. She is a wedding photographer and has seen the florals and that is what she likes best, simple yet elegant; exactly what you have here. I hope some day to be a great designer. Any tips I should know would be appreciated! I am specializing in Corporate and High-end weddings, not owning my own floral shop. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment