Newport Nuptuials

Never mind the traffic, the heat, and the swarms of people who descend on Newport on any given summer Saturday- I LOVE it there. To me it's a magical place, in part because I spent a lot of time there as a kid, but mostly because I find it romantic, enchanting and intoxicating. I'm always more than happy to travel to the island for a wedding (especially this time because my husband and I left the kids with my parents and snuck in a much needed night out for ourselves- hey, we were down there- why not take advantage? I have to say- if you find yourself in Newport, check out Tucker's Bistro on Broadway- great atmosphere and excellent food!)

Anyway- I digress... this weekend's wedding was at Ocean Cliff and it was rich with beautiful details, personal touches, and of course THE VIEW. The view from the lawn and ballroom is unbeatable. You look out over rolling green grass, onto serene waters dotted with boats sailing lazily by. What better way to pass a summer afternoon than looking out at that view, celebrating love and life? Soooo, soooo lovely!


Ocean Cliff

Cocktails on the patio


the cake


dinner tables



tall arrangements



a view from the top


entry arrangement


leaving petals.. they may look like rose heads,
but they're all just petals!
Steal this idea...

Comments