In the Studio

Ugh, the winter blahs!!! I am so tired of shoveling snow, traipsing through slush, putting on and taking off boots, hats, mittens, scarves, jackets, sweaters. I swear it's like mobilizing an army each time the kids and I have to go somewhere.

Luckily, this week I had to make some trial arrangements for Meaghan and Matt's June wedding. Working with their flowers made me remember that winter doesn't last forever, and here in New England it's always followed by glorious summer days. And though right now I feel like those beautiful warm nights can't come soon enough, at some point when I'm sweating through a 100 degree August day I'll be longing for a bit of a cool breeze and winter, once again, won't seem so bad. Anyway, I thought I'd share the pics I took of the trial flowers and provide a little glimpse of behind the scenes at Bella!

half the tables will have low, lush arrangements featuring roses, peonies, hydrangea, spray roses, amaranthus and lots of textured summer greens

a view from the top

the other half of the tables will be decorated with tall pedastal vases topped with the same flower mix. All table flowers will be accented with stemmed glass votive holders


Can't wait until June!!!!

Comments