Blush and Bashful

I don't know if you've ever seen Steel Magnolias.. but if you haven't you should.  I'm probably dating myself here, but it's one of my all time favorite tear jerkers- right up there with Beaches.  Anyway, when I was creating the flowers for this wedding a line from the movie kept running through my head.  Julia Roberts character is getting married and she keeps reminding everyone- especially her mother- that her colors are "blush and bashful".  We used the palest peach and pink roses we could find that week and combined them with blush peonies, white hydrangea and ivory spray roses.  And the effect was soft, lovely, quiet but beautiful- very blush and bashful!  But, the bride didn't want to be too nondescript so we added some fun elements (think feathers!) to liven it all up a bit.







Comments